Mission and Goals
The Dixie State University Dance Department offers students a foundation for professional excellence by providing a rigorous learning environment in the art of dance. A variety of technical training, performance opportunities, and creative projects aid students in developing discipline, self-confidence, and self-motivation that are vitally important to a career in any field and particularly to a career in dance.
Given this mission, Dixie State University Dance Department employs its resources in pursuit of the following goals:
- Promote academic excellence and student success through effective teaching and learning in dance, and increase retention and completion.
- Provide dance education to meet the needs of students in baccalaureate degrees in Dance and Integrated Studies Dance Emphasis as well as the needs of transfer students.
- Provide general education dance coursework to fill the fine arts requirement as well as the global and cultural perspectives requirement.
- Support service leadership by providing dance education and opportunities in response to community needs.
- Provide dance activities that will enhance individual growth, accountability, and devotion to university excellence.
- Provide performance opportunities to prepare students in technique and artistic expression for quality dance performances and for their future dance careers.