DANC 1160, Music For Dance (For Majors and Non-majors)
This course presents a fundamental approach to the basic elements of music with an emphasis on its specific relationship to dance.
- Identify and understand the basic elements of music: melody, harmony, rhythm, timbre and basic musical forms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the common language between music and dance by attaining a working knowledge of music notation, meter, and rhythmic schemes.
- Hear, play, improvise, and notate rhythm patterns with voice, instrument and body percussion.
- Effectively listen to and analyze music as it is used in the choreographic process.
- Compose and conduct a four-part rhythm based score for choreography.