DANC 1520, World Dance I
For students with an emphasis in dance, and for all students interested in developing skills of International ethnic/folk dance. This course is designed to introduce students to dance styles from around the world. Students will learn standard steps and formations used in a variety of dances and have fun while doing it. Students who successfully complete this course will have a good knowledge of beginning level of International world dance. There are no prerequisites.
- Learn world dancing skills at a beginning level.
- Develop the world dance technique, foot work, and stamina.
- Learn steps and formations used in a variety of world dances.
- Enhance rhythmical and musical awareness.
- Develop a greater appreciation and understanding of different cultures and diversity of world dance.