DANC 2101R, Ballet Technique II (For Majors)
This course provides continued training for dance majors in classical ballet technique. Focus is placed on body alignment and proper placement as well as extending vocabulary and technical proficiency.
- Develop greater fluency in classical dance technique and performance skills at the intermediate level.
- Approach all training, practice, and performance from an anatomically correct and ‘core connected’ standpoint.
- Develop and practice absorbing new movement material quickly and perform combinations with attention to appropriate technique.
- Further develop musical and spatial skills suitable to the technique and style of ballet.
- Develop an appreciation of the theory, criticism and aesthetic behind this exacting yet exciting art form.