DANC 2201R, Modern Dance II (For Majors)
This course is the second level modern dance technique for Dance majors and continues to focus on the mastery of fundamental technical facility. Principles of alignment, connectivity, and dynamic expression in movement are emphasized.
- Develop and intermediate level of technique and performance skills.
- Continue to develop strength, flexibility and range of motion.
- Approach all training, practice, and performance from an anatomically correct standpoint.
- Develop an integration of core strength in all exercises and phrase work.
- Continue to develop musicality, dynamics, clarity and articulation in time and space.
- Expand the expressive and qualitative range of movement and performance.
- Enhance the ability to appreciate and write critically about modern/contemporary dance performance.