DANC 2330R, Improvisation (For Majors and Non-majors)
This course will provide students with a fundamental understanding of the basic elements of dance and skills related to improvisation and performance. Additionally, this course prepares students for DANC 3900 Composition.
- Students will gain an understanding of the basic elements of dance: time, space, and energy.
- Students will develop a greater sense of presence and self-expression in dance performance.
- Students will develop the ability to respond spontaneously to the movements of other dancers and environmental stimuli.
- Students will gain an awareness of their own movement tendencies as well as the means to expand personal movement vocabularies and creative inventiveness.
- Students will develop increased sensitivity to other dancers as well as a variety of dance spaces.
- Students will develop the ability to recall and bring form to movement created through improvisation.
- Students will develop written and verbal skill in regards to assessing dance performance.
- Students will gain the ability to create, revise, and perform improvisational dance scores.