DANC 2510R, Ballroom Dance II, International Standard
This course covers the intermediate (Silver) level of the International Standard style of ballroom dancing. The dances covered in this class will be Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot and Quickstep. Technique will cover footwork, posture, movement and alignment. Although this class will be more structured than a basic social dance class, it is still intended to provide an enjoyable experience. At the end of the course, the student should be able to dance four routines using proper footwork and rhythm with good posture. Prerequisite: Dance 1510 or instructor permission.
- Learn details of footwork and how they apply to steps.
- Develop a deeper understanding of leading and following in the relationship between partners.
- Learn ballroom dance terms while learning the steps.
- Learn the intermediate “silver” routines of Waltz, Tango, and Quickstep.
- Appreciate the complexity and enjoyment of ballroom dancing.