DANC 2530R, Ballroom Dance II, International Latin
This course covers the intermediate (Silver) level of the International Latin style of ballroom dancing. The dances covered in this class will be Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba and Paso Doble. Technique will cover footwork, posture, movement and alignment. Although this class will be more structured than a basic social dance class, it is still intended to provide an enjoyable experience. At the end of the course, the student should be able to dance four routines using proper footwork and rhythm with good posture. Prerequisite: Dance 1530 or instructor permission.
- Learn details of footwork and how they apply to steps.
- Develop a deeper understanding of leading and following in the relationship between partners.
- Learn ballroom dance terms while learning the steps.
- Learn the intermediate “silver” of Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba and Paso Doble.
- Appreciate the complexity and enjoyment of ballroom dancing.