DANC 3101R, Ballet Technique III (For Majors)
This course provides dance majors with continued training in classical ballet technique. In addition to increasing vocabulary and technical proficiency, emphasis is placed on musicality and performance quality.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ballet theory and technique through a more rigorous standard of execution.
- Approach all training, practice, and performance from an anatomically correct and ‘core connected’ standpoint.
- Continue to develop greater fluency in classical dance technique and performance skills.
- Develop musicality, dynamics, clarity, and articulation in time and space.
- Develop expressive and qualitative range of movement and performance.
- Enhance the appreciation of the theory, criticism and aesthetic behind this exacting yet exciting art form.