DANC 3900, Composition (For Majors and Non-majors)
A dance composition course for students with an emphasis in dance and for all students interested in dance composition. This course is designed to advance students in dance composition and refine personal artistic style. Choreography skills are expanded through further exploring of spatial design, dynamics, phrasing, and rhythm. Elements of space, time and qualities of movement are basis for compositional study. Prerequisite: DANC 2330 Improvisation
- Study and evaluate the basic elements of dance – time, space and energy.
- Expand a variety of styles and skills of choreography.
- Exercise improvisation to expand movement vocabulary.
- Create dances by utilizing basic elements of dance.
- Appreciate the essence that motivates a choreographer to create a work of art.