DANC 4201R, Modern Dance IV (For Majors)
An advanced level course for dance majors that provides students with opportunities for mastery of technical facility and performance skills. Emphasis is placed on individual expressiveness, technical ability, and performance quality.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply dance technique and performance skills to movement phrases and improvisational exercises.
- Demonstrate strength, stretch, and range of mobility.
- Demonstrate consistent integration of core strength in all exercises and phrase work.
- Approach all training, practice and performance from an anatomically correct standpoint.
- Demonstrate expressive and qualitative range of movement and performance.
- Demonstrate a consistency of daily studio practice.
- Demonstrate musicality, dynamics, clarity and articulation in time and space.
- Apply their learned skill as a person/dancer/thinker/artist.