DANC 4910, Senior Capstone (For Majors)
Designed for senior dance students, this course serves to synthesize the knowledge, experiences, and skills acquired over the major’s course of study, and to prepare students with the skills, resources, and materials necessary for professional opportunities in dance. The course covers funding, marketing, personal web page building, the process of gaining employment, graduate school, as well as the development and presentation of a portfolio/eportfolio.
- Obtain awareness and skills in fundraising and grant writing for dance.
- Obtain awareness and skills in self promotion and marketing
- Demonstrate the ability to create a professional on-line presence.
- Increase knowledge regarding searching for and securing a job in the dance field.
- Obtain awareness of career and/or scholarly paths post-graduation.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and present a professional portfolio.