A beginning ballet technique course for students with an emphasis in dance and for all students interested in developing skills in ballet. This class introduces the fundamentals of ballet technique including body alignment, barre and center movements, and ballet terminology. Students who successfully complete this course will have beginning ballet technique skills and be prepared to enroll in DANCE 2100. This course is a prerequisite to DANCE 2100.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall foundational knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform beginning ballet exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform beginning ballet exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.