(2.0 credits) Course Description This course presents a fundamental approach to the basic elements of music with an emphasis on its specific relationship to dance. Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify and discuss the basic elements of music: melody, harmony, rhythm, timbre and basic musical forms.
- Discuss the common language between music and dance by attaining a working knowledge of music notation, meter, and rhythmic schemes.
- Hear, play, improvise, and notate rhythm patterns with voice, instrument and body percussion.
- Effectively listen to and analyze music as it is used in the choreographic process.
- Compose and conduct a four-part rhythm based score for choreography.