DANC 1500R, Jazz Dance I
A beginning jazz dance class for students interested in acquiring skills in jazz dance. This class is to instruct students in the basics of jazz dance technique and to encourage a basic understanding and appreciation of jazz dance history through the current time. Elective credit. This course is a prerequisite to DANC 2500.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall foundational knowledge of jazz dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform beginning jazz dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform different styles of jazz including lyrical, contemporary, Broadway, and/or classical jazz with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.