(1.0 Credit) Course Description A beginning ballroom dance international Latin technique course for students with an emphasis in dance, and for all students interested in developing skills in ballroom dance. This course is designed to introduce students to the international Latin style of ballroom dancing. The dances covered in this class Cha-cha, Samba, and Rumba. Technique will cover footwork, posture, movement and alignment. Students who successfully complete this course will have a good knowledge of beginning level of International Latin Dance. At the end of the semester, students should be able to dance three routines using correct footwork and rhythm with good dance posture. There are no prerequisites. This course is a prerequisite to DANC 2530. Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of the basic parts of footwork to Latin Ballroom steps and movements.
- Understand leading and following in the relationship between partners.
- Understand and perform basic steps in Cha-cha, Samba, Rumba and how the steps fit together in a routine.
- Identify and describe ballroom dance terms.
- Examine and discuss the complexity and enjoyment of ballroom dancing.