DANC 1580R, Tap Dance I
Beginning tap dance technique course for all students interested in developing skills in tap dance. Progressions of development with tap dance vocabulary and technical skills. This course is designed to increase ability and knowledge of basic tap steps and rhythms, including traveling steps, turns, jumps and combinations.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall foundational knowledge of tap dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform beginning tap dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and genre specific coordination of feet, legs, arms, and head.
- Perform beginning tap dance exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.