DANC 2100R, Ballet Technique II
An intermediate ballet technique course for students with an emphasis in dance and for all students interested in developing skills in ballet. A continuation of DANCE 1100. Progressions of development with ballet vocabulary and technical skills. It is designed to increasing the difficulty at the barre, center practice and traveling steps. Prerequisite: Dance 1100 or instructor permission.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced beginning knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced beginning ballet exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform advanced beginning ballet exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.