DANC 2101R, Ballet Technique II (For Majors)
This course provides continued training for dance majors in classical ballet technique. Focus is placed on body alignment and proper placement as well as extending vocabulary and technical proficiency.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced beginning knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced beginning ballet exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform advanced beginning ballet exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.