DANC 2200R, Modern Dance II
An intermediate modern dance technique course for students with an emphasis in dance and for all students interested in developing skills in modern dance. A continuation of DANCE 1200. It is designed to increasing the difficulty of modern dance movements and it is the progression of development with modern dance technical skills. Prerequisite: Dance 1200 or instructor permission.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced beginning knowledge of modern dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced beginning modern dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform advanced beginning modern dance exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Perform improvisation and compositional studies that demonstrate an understanding of time, space, and energy as the elements of dance.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.