DANC 2201R, Modern Dance II (For Majors)
This course is the second level modern dance technique for Dance majors and continues to focus on the mastery of fundamental technical facility. Principles of alignment, connectivity, and dynamic expression in movement are emphasized.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced beginning knowledge of modern dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced beginning modern dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform advanced beginning modern dance exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Perform improvisation and compositional studies that demonstrate an understanding of time, space, and energy as the elements of dance.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.