DANC 2330R, Improvisation (For Majors and Non-majors)
This course will provide students with a fundamental understanding of the basic elements of dance and skills related to improvisation and performance. Additionally, this course prepares students for DANC 3900 Composition.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify and explain the basic elements of dance: time, space, and energy.
- Execute a greater sense of presence and self-expression in dance performance.
- Respond spontaneously to the movements of other dancers and environmental stimuli.
- Analyze personal movement tendencies as well as the means to expand personal movement vocabularies and creative inventiveness.
- Apply a sense of increased sensitivity to other dancers as well as a variety of dance spaces.
- Recall and formulate movement created through improvisation.
- Analyze dance performance, both verbally and in writing.
- Create, revise, perform, and assess improvisational dance scores.