(2.0 Credits) Course Description For students with an emphasis in dance, and for students with basic jazz dance training and interested in developing more advanced technique in jazz dance. A continuation of DANCE 1500. The course is designed to teach more difficult combinations and introduce different styles of jazz dance. Prerequisite: Dance 1500 or instructor permission. Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced beginning knowledge of jazz dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced beginning jazz dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform different styles of jazz including lyrical, contemporary, Broadway, and/or classical jazz with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.