DANC 2530R, Ballroom Dance II, International Latin
This course covers the intermediate (Silver) level of the International Latin style of ballroom dancing. The dances covered in this class will be Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba and Paso Doble. Technique will cover footwork, posture, movement and alignment. Although this class will be more structured than a basic social dance class, it is still intended to provide an enjoyable experience. At the end of the course, the student should be able to dance four routines using proper footwork and rhythm with good posture. Prerequisite: Dance 1530 or instructor permission.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of footwork and to International Latin Ballroom steps and movements.
- Demonstrate increased understanding through performance of leading and following in the relationship between partners.
- Identify ballroom dance terms while learning the steps.
- Perform intermediate “silver” of Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba and Paso Doble.
- Examine and discuss the complexity and enjoyment of ballroom dancing.