(3.0 Credits) Course Description This course provides dance majors with continued training in classical ballet technique. In addition to increasing vocabulary and technical proficiency, emphasis is placed on musicality and performance quality. Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an intermediate/advanced knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform intermediate/advanced ballet exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform intermediate/advanced ballet exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.