DANC 3201R, Modern Dance III (For Majors)
This course continues to focus on mastery of technical facility, bodily connectivity, and expressiveness. Technique and performance skills are built through exposure to increasingly complex movement material.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an intermediate/advanced knowledge of modern dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform intermediate/advanced modern dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform intermediate/advanced modern dance exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Perform improvisation and compositional studies that demonstrate an understanding of time, space, and energy as the elements of dance.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.