DANC 4101R, Ballet Technique IV (For Majors)
This course provides continued training for dance majors in classical ballet technique at the advanced level. Emphasis is placed on developing a high level of technical proficiency, musicality, fluidity, style, and performance quality.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an advanced knowledge of classical ballet vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform advanced ballet exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform advanced ballet exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.