DANC 4201R, Modern Dance IV (For Majors)
An advanced level course for dance majors that provides students with opportunities for mastery of technical facility and performance skills. Emphasis is placed on individual expressiveness, technical ability, and performance quality.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Recall an intermediate/advanced knowledge of modern dance vocabulary, technique, and related history.
- Perform intermediate/advanced modern dance exercises with proper placement, anatomical alignment, body awareness, connectivity, and coordination of body parts in class and on stage.
- Perform intermediate/advanced modern dance exercises with artistic expression in class and on stage.
- Perform improvisation and composition studies that demonstrate an understanding of time, space, and energy as the elements of dance.
- Acquire skills of responsibility and Grit as they relate to a career in the dance field.
- Contribute insights to discussion related to the discourse of dance.