DANC 4910, Senior Capstone (For Majors)
Designed for senior dance students, this course serves to synthesize the knowledge, experiences, and skills acquired over the major’s course of study, and to prepare students with the skills, resources, and materials necessary for professional opportunities in dance. The course covers funding, marketing, personal web page building, the process of gaining employment, graduate school, as well as the development and presentation of a portfolio/eportfolio.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in fundraising and grant writing for dance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in self promotion and marketing.
- Create a professional on-line presence.
- Present and discuss knowledge regarding searching for and securing a job in the dance field.
- Present and discuss career and/or scholarly paths post-graduation.
- Design and present a professional portfolio.