Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
This form provides Dance Faculty with student information for potential dance program participants and gages student interest in the following areas: dance placement for majors, dance company participation, and dance scholarship opportunities.
*You must be admitted into DSU before you can be considered as an applicant into the dance department.
Directions for Applying
The deadline for the February 27th audition is February 13th, and the deadline for the March 19th audition is March 1st.
- Read all information carefully and complete both forms fully. (online & print)
- If you want to be considered for a scholarship, submit the online talent scholarship application by March 1st.
- Please submit and/or prepare the following for audition:
- Your Dance Resume
- An essay that addresses the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain from the dance program during your study at Dixie State University?
- What unique skills and contributions do/will you bring to the Dixie Dance Program?
- What are your future goals and ambitions?
- Why do you think you are deserving of a dance scholarship?
- A 1.5-2 minutes solo dance in modern, ballet, jazz, tap, world, or ballroom. In addition to the
ballet and modern placement classes, you will perform your solo and be interviewed.
- If you are NOT a current DSU dance department student, submit a letter of recommendation from a
previous dance mentor.
- Your high school or previous college transcript.
Tentative Audition Schedule:
1st 45 minutes: Ballet Placement Audition
2nd 45 minutes: Modern Placement Audition
3rd 90 minutes: Solo Audition & Interview
For February 27th auditions award notifications will be sent out by March 15th or April 15th, and for the March 19th auditions, award notifications will be sent out by April 15th.
If you have questions or need more information please contact one of the following:
Dance and Theater Adviser
435-879-4346 | email@example.com.
Dr. Li Lei
Dance Department Director
435-652-7883 | firstname.lastname@example.org.