2017 DSU Winter Ball
December 2, 2017
7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Gardner Center Ballroom
Youth & Students $2.00 • General Admission $5.00
- Social Dance – Salsa, American Waltz
- Beginning International Latin -Cha Cha, Samba
- Beginning International Standard – Tango, Quickstep
- Junior International I – Waltz, Quickstep, Samba
- Junior International II – Tango, Foxtrot (costumes allowed)
- High School – American Foxtrot, Cha Cha
- Jack & Jill Swing
Class competitions (Social Dance, International Latin, International Standard) are open to students registered in a regular syllabus class at the level indicated. If you are a student who is not currently in a syllabus class, you may still enter the competition if you have not had training above that level. Competitors will be required to follow the steps at the level indicated by the competition. High School and Junior level should follow the level & steps taught in their class.
Partners for the Jack & Jill will be assigned by a random draw the night of the ball. Swing or Lindy will be allowed.
NO LIFTS WILL BE ALLOWED in any event. A lift is defined as one partner supporting the other partner’s weight completely off the floor. That means at least one foot needs to be in contact with the floor.
Not costumes allowed in any event except Junior International II