Dance Performance Opportunities
The Dance Program at Dixie State University provides a variety of performance opportunities for Dance Majors, Minors, and other students actively enrolled in DSU dance technique courses. The Dance Program produces three mainstage concerts each year featuring student, faculty, and guest choreography, as well as informal Dance Class Showings and participation in the American College Dance Association regional conference.
Dancers are cast in Student Dance Concert (Fall) and Dance in Concert (Spring) through a formal audition offered the first Wednesday of each semester and are required to register in DANC 4800 (Dance Performance) and attend regular rehearsals.
Student Dance Concert (Fall)
- The Student Dance Concert features work by students in DANC 4900 (Choreography Practicum) in fulfillment of Dance Major degree requirements with production assistance from students in DANC 3260 (Dance Production). The concert also includes work by additional student choreographers, as resources allow.
Dance in Concert (Spring)
- The Dance in Concert features innovative work by DSU faculty and guest choreographers in a wide variety of dance genres including Aerial, Ballet, Ballroom, Contemporary, Jazz, Modern, and Tap.
Ballroom Dance Concert (Spring)
- The Ballroom Dance Concert features choreography by faculty, guest choreographers, and students in a variety of ballroom dance styles. The Ballroom Dance Team also represents DSU at competitions throughout the year. Auditions for the team are in the fall and require a year-long commitment and registration in DANC 2810 (Ballroom Dance Team).
Student Dance Concert
August 21, 2019, 4-5:50pm
Graff Building Studio 101
Dance in Concert
January 8, 2019, 4-5:50pm
Graff Builiding Studio 101
2019-20 Performance Season
All performances Begin at 7:30 pm in the Eccles Fine Arts Center Mainstage Theater
- Student Dance Concert: November 21-22, 2019
- Fall Dance Class Showcase: November 25, 2019
- Dance in Concert: April 2-3, 2020
- Ballroom Dance Concert: April 16-17, 2020
- Spring Dance Class Showcase: April 20, 2020