Dance Performance Opportunities
The Dance Program at Dixie State University provides a variety of performance opportunities for Dance Majors, Minors, and other students actively enrolled in DSU dance technique courses. The Dance Program produces three mainstage concerts each year featuring student, faculty, and guest choreography, as well as informal Dance Class Showings and participation in the American College Dance Association regional conference.
Dancers are cast in Student Dance Concert (Fall) and Faculty Dance Concert (Spring) through a formal audition offered the first Friday of each semester and are required to register in DANC 4800 (Dance Performance) and attend regular rehearsals.
Student Dance Concert (Fall)
- The Student Dance Concert features work by students in DANC 4900 (Choreography Practicum) in fulfillment of Dance Major degree requirements with production assistance from students in DANC 3260 (Dance Production). The concert also includes work by additional student choreographers, as resources allow.
Faculty Dance Concert (Spring)
- The Faculty Dance Concert features innovative work by DSU faculty and guest choreographers in a wide variety of dance genres including Ballet, Modern, Contemporary, Jazz, and Tap.
Ballroom Dance Concert (Spring)
- The Ballroom Dance Concert features choreography by faculty, guest choreographers, and students in a variety of ballroom dance styles. The Ballroom Dance Team also represents DSU at competitions throughout the year. Auditions for the team are in the fall and require a year-long commitment and registration in DANC 2810 (Ballroom Dance Team).
Student Dance Concert/Scholarship Audition
August 24, 2018, 4-5:50pm
Faculty Dance Concert Audition
January 9, 2019, 4-5:50pm
2018-19 Performance Season
- Student Dance Concert: November 29-30, 2018
- Fall Dance Class Showing: December 3, 2018
- Ballroom Dance Concert: March 28-29, 2019
- Faculty Dance Concert: April 18-19, 2019
- Spring Dance Class Showing: April 22, 2019