Dance Performance Scholarship Audition
August 24, 2018 @ 4-5:50pm (for 2018-19 Academic Year)
Spring audition date TBA (for 2019-20 Academic Year)
Graff Performing Arts Center
Dance Studio 100
Talent Scholarship Application
Please bring and prepare the following for dance scholarship audition:
- Your dance resume
- An essay addressing the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain from the dance program during your study at Dixie State University?
- What unique skills and contributions do/will you bring to the Dixie Dance Program?
- What are your future goals and ambitions?
- Why do you think you are deserving of a dance scholarship?
- A 1.5-2 minutes solo dance in modern, ballet, jazz, tap, world, or ballroom.
Dance Scholarship Criteria and Requirements:
- Be a full-time student in good standing with 2.0 GPA overall. Preference given to students with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Declare Dance Major or Minor through Dance Academic Advisor.
- Participate in Dance Program activities and events.
- May include: Attending auditions, attending Dance Majors/Minors meetings, assisting with recruitment events such as High School Outreach Master Classes, Annual Outreach Dance Workshop, and/or UDEO High School Workshop.
- Be enrolled (for credit, not audit) in at least two Dance Program technique courses each semester, one of which must be a majors ballet or modern course.
- Participate in the Student Dance Concert and/or the Faculty Dance Concert.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate maturity and professionalism.
- Attend an End-of-Semester Evaluation Meeting with Dance Program Directors the last week of each semester to review progress and eligibility for future scholarship.